Job Title: Industry Relations Manager, Land & Liberty Coalition (L&LC)
Department: Land & Liberty Coalition
Reports To: L&LC Director
Compensation: Includes generous benefits package (medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 403(b) retirement matching, and ample PTO) and a competitive salary commensurate to experience; range: $65,000-$80,000.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The L&LC Industry Relations Manager will support the implementation, communications, and operational functions of the L&LC project’s expansion. Primarily responsible for researching and documenting opportunities for L&LC growth within new and existing states, the successful candidate will also be expected to identify opportunities for new industry partnerships, field staffing, and consultant support in targeted regions and markets, with help from the organization’s leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities: The following are essential functions of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research existing and forthcoming projects across differing regional transmission organizations (RTOs), including but not limited to: MISO, PJM, ERCOT, and SPP.
- Strategize with CEN state teams and L&LC leadership to develop and maintain target outreach lists.
- Prospect new companies and contacts for engagement with L&LC initiatives.
- Coordinate outreach, starting from initial contact to scheduling meetings for L&LC leadership, with a focus on implementing new partnerships and building and maintaining relationships thereafter.
- Educate clean energy industry, stakeholders, and other external partners about L&LC’s mission.
- Travel for events and meetings across the L&LC footprint, as necessary.
- Identify new strategies and tactics to advance organizational goals and grow program fundraising.
- Support the preparation of budgets, grant proposals, reports, and presentations to current and potential funders.
- Conduct research and provide detailed analysis into areas of interest, keeping in mind annual program goals and quarterly targets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to prepare and deliver effective speeches and presentations to diverse audiences including elected officials and public groups.
Ability to effectively solve complex problems in a variety of situations and by deadline. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is necessary. Experience with customer relationship management software and email marketing platforms is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in communications, political science, marketing, business, or another relevant field; and three to five years of communications, marketing, campaign, sales, and/or program management experience.
- Experience working with energy a plus.
- Prior non-profit, political campaign, sales, issue advocacy, or fundraising experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience distilling complicated issues in presentations, memos, and reports.
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management.
- A collaborative nature and adept problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage and meet deadlines and balance multiple programming priorities at once.
- Ability to manage budget data, track spending, and create basic reports.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, interest in learning new skills, and eagerness to advance the organization’s mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. Occasional travel may be required. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 5 to 20-pound boxes for events, as needed.
- Fast-paced, dynamic work environment sometimes faced with high-pressure deadlines.
- A supportive and collegial team that encourages creativity and initiative.
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and expand your skillset.
- While CEN headquarters is based in Lansing, Michigan, members of the team work remotely from various parts of the country. CEN welcomes applicants regardless of location and will accommodate tele-commuting.
- Role requires ability to work some evenings and/or weekends for special events.
- Role requires travel, including overnight travel, often several times per month.
CEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment in any form, and we are dedicated to engaging and developing a diverse workplace environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.